Daily Devotional 3/30/12
Love Everyone Differently The Bible says that we are fearfully and wonderfully made. “I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful,I know that full well. (Psalm 139:14) God spent time and exercised His creativity with each of us, so it would stand to reason that He didn’t create us all exactly the same, wouldn’t it? Unfortunately, we...
Be a part of something cool! →
Take a few minutes of your lovely Friday to participate in my new project about individuality!
Daily Devo 3/29/12
The Trademark of a True Christian “One of the most important facets of love is unselfishness, which is characterized in Romans 12:16 as the willingness to adapt and adjust to the needs and desires of others. Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited. (Romans 12:16) People who have grasped the meaning of...
spencerortega: Financially, a tithe is perhaps the worst investment one could enter into. Think about it, a person “invests” 10% of their income for absolutely zero monetary return. Let’s remember that I’m speaking from a purely secular position. A position that doesn’t hold fast to the provision of God. I personally try my best not to subscribe to this position. I’m just speaking in a...
More Perfect Than Helvetica →
Solitude & Loneliness
skeuos: Recently, I’ve noticed quite a few of my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ are struggling with a season of solitude. Being an introvert, it is most definitely difficult for me to fathom the struggle with solitude. But, if there is one thing that I have known in a profound and deep way, it’s that of loneliness. Oh, loneliness. It hollows the most supplied souls. Loneliness is difficult...
Daily Devotional 3/28/12
Develop Your Potential and Do Something Now You may know that God’s created you with great potential, but you can’t stop there. You have to develop your potential. I believe that many people are unhappy because they aren’t doing anything to develop their potential. If you want to see your potential developed to its fullest, don’t wait until everything is perfect. Do...
The goals of American Christianity are often a nice marriage, children who don’t...– Francis Chan (via uncleanlips)
I have the deepest affection for intellectual conversations. The ability to just...– (via drivenhearted)
themidnightmallard asked: 9, 27, 38, 45, 46, 48, 50!!!!!!!!
Here are some conversation starters. Have at it.
1. What is your best friends name?
2. What color underwear/boxers wearing now?
3. What are you listening to right now?
4. Whats your favorite number?
5. What was the last thing you ate?
6. If you were a crayon what color would you be?
7. How is the weather right now?
8. Who was the last person you talked 2 on the phone?
9. The first thing you notice about the opposite sex?
10. Do you have a significant other?
11. Favorite TV show?
14. Hair color?
15. Eye Color?
16. Do you wear contacts?
17. Favorite Holiday?
19. Have you ever cried for no reason?
20. What was the last movie you watched?
21. Favorite Day of the Year?
22. Are you too shy to ask someone out?
23. Can you do a headstand (not using the wall)?
24. Hugs or Kisses?
25. Chocolate or Vanilla?
26. Do you want your friends to respond to this?
27. Who is most likely to respond to a text from you?
28. Who is least likely to respond to a text from you?
29. What books are you reading?
31. Favorite movies?
32. Favorite football Team?
33. What are you doing right now?
34. Butter, Plain or Salted popcorn?
37. Dogs or cats?
38. Favorite flower?
39. Been caught doing something you weren't supposed to do?
40. Do you have a best friend of the opposite sex?
41. Have you ever loved someone?
42. Who would you like to see right now?
43. Are you still friends with people from kindergarten?
44. Have you ever fired a gun?
45. Do you like to travel by plane?
46. Right-handed or Left-handed?
47. How many pillows do you sleep with?
48. Are you missing someone?
49. Do you have a tattoo?
50. Anybody on Tumblr that you'd go on a date with?
Be a part of my new project! →
Words to keep inside your pocket: Quiescent - a quiet, soft-spoken soul. Chimerical - merely imaginary; fanciful. Susurrus - a whispering or rustling sound. Raconteur - one who excels in story-telling. Clinquant - glittering; tinsel-like. Aubade - a song greeting the dawn. Ephemeral - lasting a very short time. Sempiternal - everlasting; eternal. Euphonious - pleasing; sweet in...
you know, you are going to fall in love, and everything you’re feeling right now...– On my heart.
Is my reputation in the way?
“I live in Southern California, where people care more about appearances than most of the rest of the United States combined. If you’ve lived in or even visited SoCal, you know exactly what I mean. Southern California is the land of tanning beds, plastic surgeons, designer boutiques, three-hundred-dollar jeans, nail salons, expensive real estate, excessive shopping, and hot cars. I...
Last night I had a strange, eye opening dream. A dream I actually feel like I can take something away from instead of just wondering where the heck it came from. It started off being back in Atlanta at Passion 2012. It wasn’t long until I was on my way home, but I decided to stay in Austin (which isn’t even on the route from Atlanta to Amarillo). My reasoning for doing so was to get...
Do not become self-sufficient. Self-sufficiency is Satan’s net where he catches...– Charles Spurgeon (via kidwiththebulletsoul)
Butterflies can’t see their wings. They can’t see how beautiful they...– SunsetEyes